Well this morning I woke up thinking I must get up and meet Linda & Ben down at the Mount for our ride..... it was cold and windy and showers were threatening.... what to do. So easily could have stayed in bed but my good hubby got up and went outside and loaded my bike into the ute. Well its hard to say I am not going now, but I didn't so dressed quickly grabbed the hrm and bike computer and set off.
Got down to the mount and only poor ben in sight.... had a rough late night yet still made the effort to come out and ride, no sign of Linda which is very disappointing for me as I was so hoping I had found someone to ride with...
Anyway talked to Ben and said its ok if you want to leave it to another day and we waited for a few minutes for LInda.... so no show and Ben says come on we are here lets ride so we did just for 10 k this morning. I have been so busy of late and the weather hasn't been the best so I haven't ridden for two weeks and its bloody amazing I was stuffed.... must remember to warm up on these rides before trying to push myself.... Its stupid I know but when you have a young 21 year old boy to ride with you want to prove to yourself that you can keep up.... well I did for a while but he flogged me on the way back.. mind you the head wind wasn't helping an old girl like me.
It was good to be on my bike and riding along with someone it always makes me feel good, it was a short ride but a ride regardless and I did get out of bed and we did make the effort. So worth it.
I have been running on the tready the last couple of weeks because of the lack of riding you know I have always enjoyed winter but now not so much because it restricts my riding time... bring on the longer days... the winter blues are here.
Heard something funny tonight.... Philip rang someone about buying one of BJ's bulls and he comes down to the ekka with cattle.... but he is a bit worried this year he has heard about my boxing abilities and thinks it might not be safe... oh well what a compliment a big burly man scared of a soon to be 54 year old woman with red boxing gloves... oh the power, just might go to my head.
thoughts to myself this week get out of bed earlier and be ready to ride to work regardless of the chilly air..... need a long sleeve bike shirt... note to self check ebay.
54 in a weeks time... wish I had started this journey so much earlier maybe then it would be easier on the old body... but for an old girl I think I am holding up well. Getting the dickie shoulder xrayed and ultrasounded on saturday can't stand not have the mobility it just hurts too much....need to do something about it..
Cheers dear blog, off to bed, the boy is off to camp tomorrow and we NEED TO GET UP EARLIER but I know he will have a good time... have re packed the bag 3 times today but I think he is happy now. Too much pressure on kids these days he was scared if we didn't get the pillow into his bad his teacher wouldnt be impressed.... geez what do they do to your kids at school frighten them into submission.... ridiculous. I must have a chat to his teacher and soon.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Liz, nice to see you blogging away :)
ReplyDelete